Sometimes I’m working on my site so much, that I don’t stop to realize that I haven’t posted anything in a while. I think we all do that, but here’s a bit of what’s been going on lately:
Tarzan 1.2: I’ve been very hard at work on the next Tarzan release. This release will be everything I’d hoped the last release would be, before I realized it was a bit too ambitious. Rather than talk about the things I want to do, there are a few things that are already done and in the bag.
- A significantly improved caching system. This sucker flies!
- Improved image processing functionality. Supports multiple output formats among other things.
- Custom Descriptions for products. You can overwrite Amazon’s default values, or even use your own custom images for products.
- A much improved Control Panel. Nearly everything can be tweaked from the web interface.
- iTunes Music Store integration for CD tracklistings.
Very cool stuff, and I’ve still got more that I’m working on. Tarzan 1.2 will be awesome!
Skyzyx.com, v22: The redesign that I promised over a year ago is underway. I’ve switched to WordPress, and am in the process of fixing things that were broken in Movable Type. I’m working on a fresh clean design, and am frantically studying HTACCESS redirects.
Buying a house: My wife and I are looking to buy our first place. I’ve realized that Bay Area housing costs are absolutely ridiculous! We’re looking at buying a 1500 sq. ft. townhouse, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, for $500k… and that’s a good deal. In the small town of Sanger where I grew up, a place like that would go for a whopping $150k. Anyways, we put a bid on the place, and just got a counter-offer last night. Let’s hope that everything goes through!
New baby on the way: I didn’t want to mention this publically when we first found out, because you never know what might happen at early stages of pregnancy, but then I forgot to say anything once we were relatively in-the-clear. My wife and I are expecting a baby boy in June! It’s very exciting, but very nerve-racking at the same time.
Anyways, lots of stuff. So, what’s going on for you these days?